Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Camp NaNo Novel Chapter One

Hey!! Thanks everyone for all of those super super super nice comments on my prologue, I decided to post Chapter One, and maybe the rest! :D Tell me if you liked it please! (And I apologize for the whole copy paste posting going on lately, I'm so busy! o.O But I promise I'll post something original soon!)


Chapter One.



  “Tori, please,” Craig said, holding on to her arm.


  “Listen, Craig. A second chance is not anywhere near your future with me. You had a chance, and you screwed it up.” she growled, tearing her arm apart from Craig’s strong grip.

  “You don’t understand. I was forced to! You know I wouldn’t hurt you, I would never! He promised me it wouldn’t hurt you, and I believed it. I didn’t know it would turn out like this. Listen, after I make you understand, I’m going to confront him.”
  Her bitter laugh sounded, a signal of warning to his ears. “After you make me understand? Craig, you don’t seem to understand. I don’t care about your stupid excuses, I’ve heard enough of them before. How about you skip making me understand, and go confront him? Not that I care. For the last time, we’re done.”
 
And with that, she left, leaving Craig absolutely speechless.
“CUT!”
Melanie sighed, a sigh of happiness. The full day of acting was finally over.

A murmur of thank you began sounding, Melanie contributing to them.
“Great job, Mark and Melanie. Wonderful actually. We got the whole scene down in two takes. You two are probably the most talented actors I’ve ever worked with.
“Thank you, and we’re probably no where close. We’ll continue working hard!” Melanie responded, being as polite as possible. This was something that an actress had to have, otherwise the director would probably hate you forever, and you would never be invited to act in one of their movies or TV shows, ever.
Mark nodded, agreeing with Melanie. “Yes, thanks.” Ah. See, Mark, as the less experienced, was still having trouble balancing the politeness part. His response was less likely to make the director happy.
Call it kissing up… That’s kind of true. But that’s basically what they had to do in order to make a living. And let me tell you, Melanie is not as polite as she seems to be. So it seems… Nowhere close.
Read on. There’s proof.
Once the director was out of view, her agent and makeup artist rushed up, each carrying something to present to Melanie.
“Coffee! Sunglasses!” They said at the same time, handing it over. Melanie took the sunglasses first. It had turned into a routine.
“Thank you, honeys. The bright sun is so terrible on my complexion, and I’ve been so out of it. It took basically all of my energy to film that last scene,” Melanie said dramatically, while smiling sweetly. Even though that smile made every product she advertised get bought a thousand times faster, Sam and Grace personally thought it was a bit… nauseating.
Obviously, that was nowhere near the case. There was barely any sun out, it was clouds everywhere and it was going to rain. And she just had a cup of coffee before doing that scene.
But of course, her two followers just nodded and agreed. Because what else could they do? Say ‘Um, you just had coffee half an hour before, and you still say you need more? I just think you’re addicted’ and get fired? Of course not. Grace and Sam were too smart to do that.
  No, they just led Melanie into the car, wordless as Sam plopped himself on the drivers seat. With a loud vroom from the engine, they were heading back home.
  Melanie opened up her window and let the wind blow into her hair. For a reason she never knew, the wind in her hair always felt like she was running, free and wild. Being herself, the true side of herself, the one that no one knew.
  “Hey! It’s Melanie Milne!”

  “Isn’t that the star of the top TV series Magic and Trouble?”

  “Melanie! Can I have your signature?”
 
  She sighed. She really got tired of dealing with fans. But quickly, she composed herself. She waved and smiled at anyone who was passing by. Sam, who had heard the commotion, had slowed the car down so they were going bicycle speed now. She blew one last kiss at the gathering crowd and drew the window back up.
 
  “Alright Sam, get the move on.” She commanded, and rested her head against her hand. She never really understood being famous. Being famous meant that you had fans all over, paparazzi mobbing you everywhere you went. But Melanie, unlike the other stars, had always asked why. She was just someone who could act. Who could transform herself into someone else because she was too tired to be herself. She was a person. Like everyone else. She closed her eyes, trying to relax. After all, she was a huge star, and she needed to keep her beauty by resting.
  The car screeched to a stop, the door opened, and two guys dressed in black came in. Of course, Melanie didn’t notice anything until too late.

She opened her eyes to see Grace having her hands tied at her back, her eyes wide and speechless, and hearing Sam’s muffled scream.

  Melanie panicked. She reached for her phone, but then she felt a hand suffocating her. Or at least, trying to make it seem like she was suffocating. He actually left an airhole at the crack of his fingers for her to breathe in.
  “Shh.” The man whispered. “I’m getting you out of here.”
~*~*~

I HAVE FORTY FOLLOWERS THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!



15 comments:

  1. Cool!!! Keep it up! Was the prologue a peek at the future?
    Don't worry...seems like everyone in Blogger World has been busy...it's that time of year ;)
    Excited for summer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The prologue was... ;) Not telling!! You guys will find out sometime soon.
      Haha, true, Especially with Camp NaNo going on!
      YES. YES. YES. YES. YES.

      Delete
  2. I like it! Is this pre-editing or after? Just wondering. ;)
    Beautiful beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. O-O
      It's before... xD There's probably so many mistakes!! :P
      Thank ya!

      Delete
  3. LAUREL.

    WHAT.

    I...

    YOU...

    *explodes then attempts to compose self* I...phew, okay. First of all, that was pretty insanely awesome. Like, I am jelly of your writing talent. SHHHHHHH... *looks around and whispers* Don't let anyone know. O-O

    Second, I just wanted to ask; where's the rest? ROSIE NEEDS MORE.

    Keep up the good work because I want to see this story made into a book someday--SO I CAN BUY LIKE, TEN COPIES. ;D

    xoxo,
    Rosie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ROSIE.

      WHAT.

      I...

      You...

      *explodes and can't compose self* That was the nicest comment ever. It was pretty amazayn ;) Like, I think that just made my whole day. O.O
      THANKYOUTHANKYOU MDEAR THAT MEANS SO MUCH AND LIKE YOU TAKING YOUR PRECIOUS TIME TO LEAVE THAT AMAZINGLY NICE COMMENT I'M JUST ASDFGHJKL. o.O

      Delete
  4. OH MY GOSH!!! YOU TRULY ARE VERY VERY TALENTED!!! OH MY GOSH!!! IM EXPLODING RIGHT NOW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWW, YOU ARE THE SWEETEST! I come home and there's like these really nice comments and I'm just like... OMGOSH THESE BLOGGING FRIENDS ARE THE NICEST!

      Delete
  5. My blogger friend, Megs, says she really liked your post! =D
    She couldn't comment because you don't have the Name/URL comment option.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha that was a Frozen line...I was just kidding ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing writing!

    Celia
    blue-freckled-nargles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

EYYYY :D
It's the crazy author of the blog!
Come on, comment, you know you can!