Wednesday, April 2, 2014

My Camp NaNoWriMo Book


Prologue



She’s running. Where? She doesn't know. She just wants to get out of there. Out of that place. It’s full of her worst memories, the ones she never wants to keep. She’s running for her life.
People call from behind, asking her to come back. Or rather, forcing her to come back. But she’s had enough. She runs, and doesn’t look back.
Before when she was forced to run around the court, she would be exhausted at the end of only one lap. Not this time. She was full with joy. She was doing exactly what she’d always wanted to do, what she’d always wished for.
Running, and breaking free.
What she doesn’t know is that there is something lurking around the corner. Her mind is still fresh with the feeling of freedom – Something she’s never experienced before.
She turns, trying to get the people screaming and running after her to go away. But at the same time, too late to turn back, a truck is rumbling down high speed down the road.
She is stuck in the middle. She sprints forward, trying to make it before the truck hits her, but her entire left side crashes in with the truck as she hears it try to screech into a stop.
Everything turns black.

~*~*~

Didya like? Comment if you did, please! I might post the next few chapters also, maybe! I'm super excited for the rest of Camp NaNoWriMo!




15 comments:

  1. I loved it! I'm actually procrastinating on re-writing my NaNoWriMo I completed back in November. I was going to do Camp NaNoWriMo but I decided too late and well, yeah.

    I really loved this prologue! From what I've seen so far you are a talented writer and I'm interested in reading more of your work! Woo! Keep it up!

    princessfaithm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, well there's always Camp NaNoWriMo on July!
      Thanks so much, it means a lot!

      Delete
  2. Alright, a couple of things:
    Beautiful. It's sounds so good and I'd love to read more. :)
    Second, your blog design. Also beautiful. Mint and light pink are the some of the best colors ever. <3 And did you do it yourself or did somebody else do it? My blog is begging for a re-design but I'm no good at that, so I'm trying to find someone.
    Okay, thanks! And once again, everything is magnificent. Gosh girl. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh, I am so flattered! ;)
      And yes, I just love it! Rose designed it for me, and I picked out the colors :) I highly recommend her, and it's free.

      Delete
    2. Hehe. :)
      That's crazy! I just ordered a design from Rose before I saw your comment. I can't wait to see what she does with my blog. :)

      Delete
    3. That's such a funny coincidence! I can't wait either! :)

      Delete
  3. Ooh scary! =(
    I do love it though! The way you write is intriguing ;)
    More!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey, that's really good!! i'm doing Camp Nano too! :)

    ReplyDelete

EYYYY :D
It's the crazy author of the blog!
Come on, comment, you know you can!