Saturday, December 21, 2013

Dancing My Heart Out ~ An IQS


Dance your <3 Out.

I couldn't have felt any better when I lept across the stage, gracefully accomplishing a grande jété. I chaîned my way to center stage and landed perfectly in fourth position. The music ended, and the audience started clapping. I ended my solo with a beautiful and smooth curtsy and walked backstage again.
   
I went to my teacher, who once was the most famous ballet dancer Victoria King. She teaches just me, and is determined to make me a star. Which I'm technically fine with, considering ballet is my love and dream. She's now retired, but her personality is still as firey as ever, and quite hard to please at times. Like today. She had no smile on her face, instead a great frown. I sighed, looking at the floor. Maybe I wasn't as good as I thought. I made my way slowly to her.

"Mrs. King," I said. "I'm sorry if that wasn't the best performance, I'll try harder next time. I'm sorry for letting you down."
She looked at me slowly from the head to the feet. "Camilla, that was a wonderful performance."
I looked up from the floor. "It was?"
She smiled. "Indeed. I am only upset because the government is thinking of taking down our studio to build a new railway for the trains. I am fairly sorry, but it seems to me that you cannot take lessons from me anymore." She sighed, a deep sigh that came from her heart. I could feel her heart breaking. "Go on, now. You have other things to do. You have a very bright future in the world of ballet. Start looking for another teacher, and continue your journey." And with that, not even time to let me think about it, she turned and left, her back slouching in disappointment.

I was stunned. And shocked. And devastated. How did I manage to go from so happy to so miserable in a record of 5 minutes? Never had I heard such bad news before. Mrs. King may be hard to please, but she has a heart of gold inside. We have a connection. We are both people who don't talk much so we don't communicate by speaking often, but I can feel her moods and what she's thinking. It's the same with her. She's trained me to be the best ballet dancer for eight years now. She's always been with me, and led me across the country winning dozens of trophies for dancing. Without her, I never could've made it this far. 

What was I going to do?
~  ~ ~

So. Explanation time! IQS stands for Inspired Quick Stories. I have sudden inspirations to write, and I write, but never on my blogs. So. Starting from today, my IQS will be recorded on my blogs! Yay! :)


2 comments:

  1. This is really good Laurel! Please post more! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay thanks! Means a lot, considering you're an awesome writer! :)

      Delete

EYYYY :D
It's the crazy author of the blog!
Come on, comment, you know you can!