Sunday, March 23, 2014

Sunday Scripture #1

So, I have this new blogging sequence that I'm going to be really proud of.
It is called. SUNDAY SCRIPTURE. 
And, as the title suggests, I post only on SUNDAYS. 
Also, as the title suggests, I post a verse of the Bible. :)

Here's the first:

So I tell you: Ask, and it will be given to you, seek, and you will find, knock, and the door will be opened for you.      Luke 11:9, NET.


We ask ourselves, what is "it" in this sentence? Later, in Luke 11:13, it gives us the answer.

If you, then, although you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will the heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!"     Luke 11:13, NET. 


You see? Lately I've been wandering away from God's path for me to the lures of human nature and flesh. I had no idea how to get back on track with the Lord, but after this Bible study I did at church today suddenly things became clearer. I ask. It's as simple as that. I communicate with the Lord, tell him that I want the Holy Spirit in me again, and it will happen. You ask, you seek, and you knock. And then BAM! Bob's your uncle. As it said in the verse above, the heavenly Father will be more than willing to give us the Holy Spirit. 

Tonight I'm going to pray, and ask God to help me get back along my path that He planned for me. Because as far as I know, I might as well have done a U turn and I'm going backwards to where I started. I don't want that. But without God, I can't help but have that, because I'm human and Satan and sin is more powerful than me. Without God, I can't resist the temptation of sinning and going back on God. But that's going to change. I'm going to pray for God to turn my back around, and force me in the way I need to go, which is closer with Him, and away from Satan. 





5 comments:

  1. amazing post I really love your idea's

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're doing this! And I'm glad you're getting back on track with the Lord!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and yes, I'm glad I made that decision too!

      Delete
  3. I just read this this morning!!!! Crazy!!! I've been studying the book of Luke and its been awesome. I'm going through it with my best friend. its been an adventure! Ive been pondering these verses today so its really cool I ran into your blog today. God must be trying to tell me something. My mind hasnt been on Christ as it should for a while so this was a great reminder to reel it back in. Thank you and God bless you! Lovely blog by the way<3
    princessfaithm.blogspot,com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Oh gosh, that's so cool! God bless you too, and thanks for following!

      Delete

EYYYY :D
It's the crazy author of the blog!
Come on, comment, you know you can!